We have been experiencing an unprecedented disruption in the SMS industry due to mandatory entity registration on DLT portals. Due to the unusually high support calls and emails, some of your queries might have gone unanswered even as our teams worked incredibly long hours. If you’ve been trying to reach us and couldn’t get through, we sincerely apologize.
Please note – We’re currently experiencing high call volume due to DLT. Please email us at email@example.com and we’ll respond as soon as we can.
DLT Registration Process (Step-by-step with guides)
Table of Contents
- Step 1 – Register your Business Entity
- Step 2 – Register your Headers (sender IDs) & Telemarketer
- 2.1 Register your Headers
- 2.2 Register Telemarketer
- Step 3 – Additional Steps for BSNL & VILPOWER DLT
- Step 4 – Register Templates
- 4.1 Register Templates on VILPOWER/BSNL DLT
- 4.2 Register Templates on Videocon DLT
- 4.3 Register Templates on Jio DLT
Step 1 – Get Unique Entity ID
Register on any of the DLT platforms below by filling in the required information and documents and get a temporary ID. After the verification of your documents by the Operator, you will receive your unique Entity ID.
- Videocon DLT (https://smartping.live/entity/register-with) – Free Registration, leave the payment details blank. View Videocon registration text guide. Also, view video explaining the end-to-end registration process.
- Vodafone Idea Ltd DLT (https://www.vilpower.in/) – View VILPOWER registration guide.
- BSNL DLT (https://www.ucc-bsnl.co.in/) – View BSNL registration guide.
- Jio DLT (https://trueconnect.jio.com) – Free Registration. View Jio DLT registration guide.
- According to customer feedback so far, Videocon seems to have an easier registration process.
- Please share your reference number/temporary ID/Unique ID and registered entity name with us if you have registered on any of the DLT platforms.
For the Videocon DLT Platform Only
Open https://smartping.live/entity/particular > Click on the option required and click Next > Enter Entity Reference ID and click Submit > Insert OTP received on Mobile and Click Submit > Pending Status > Get Token and Verify.
Step 2 – Register Headers & Add Telemarketer
Once you get your Unique Entity ID, add Telemarketer ID and register your headers in the DLT platforms.
2.1 To Add Headers –
After the registration is complete, you can start adding your headers (Sender ID) under the Headers tab in the dashboard. View the header registration process. Once your headers are approved, please email your Unique Entity ID along with a screenshot of your DLT account displaying the approved headers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are 2 types of Headers to choose from – Promotional & Others
- Others (for campaigns transactional in nature like updates, notifications etc.):
Add the Headers (sender names) approved for your organization in Textlocal in the text box > Justify the headers by mentioning the reason for choosing the header in the description box below or attaching a document > Submit
- Promotional (for campaigns promotional in nature like offers, discounts, etc.):
Add preferred 6-digit numeric sender ID in the ‘Find your Header’ text box > Select your category/industry type from the drop-down > Justify the headers by mentioning the reason for choosing the header in the description box below or attaching a document > Submit
- According to new regulations, all commercial SMS traffic, including promotional SMS, needs to be routed only from your DLT-registered headers. While your promotional SMS continues to be sent for now via a common 6-digit header, we strongly urge you to register both promotional headers and transactional (‘Other’) headers, and avoid disruptions when the next phase of DLT implementation goes live (can happen anytime).
- Headers (Sender names) are case-sensitive i.e. ABCDEF and abcdef are two different sender names and can be registered separately.
- Applicable only for Header type ‘Others’: The Header selected by you should match the entity name. If the header name is different,
- For Videocon: Please attach a document/image showing the website link, trademark certificate or any other document/image proving the relation between your entity name and your requested header.
- For VIL/BSNL: Please mention the website link, trademark certificate or any other reference proving the relation between your entity name and your requested header. Also, mention your mobile number in the description to facilitate a call back by the DLT support team for any clarifications. see this text guide for more details.
2.2 To Add Telemarketer –
- In the VILPOWER DLT & BSNL DLT platforms – Select Telemarketer from the dashboard > Click on Add > Type “IMI Mobile” or “IMI Mobile Pvt. Ltd.” In the “Select your Telemarketer” text box > Wait for the drop-down to appear > Select IMI Mobile Pvt. Ltd. from the drop-down > Add ”110200001293” in the Enter your Telemarketer ID textbox > Click Add..
- In the Videocon DLT platform – Select ‘Telemarketer Request’ (side nav)> Enter the telemarketer ID “110200001293” > Click view details > Tick the check box “I hereby authorize IMI MOBILE PVT. LTD. for on-boarding with us on VMIPL DLT Panel as our Telemarketer partner. ” > Click Submit request.
- In the Jio DLT platform – Select Campaign > My Telemarketers > Manage Telemarketers > Search for telemarketer ID “110200001293” or “IMI Mobile” > Drag to the right side > Click Apply.
Step 3 – Additional Steps for BSNL DLT & VILPOWER DLT Only
After adding TM ID and registering headers in the VILPOWER DLT & BSNL DLT platforms, please reach out to our sales team with your Unique ID to get the service agreement copy.
- Get the Agreement copy from our sales team > Fill the agreement > Print on bond paper (100/- bond paper for VILPOWER or 50/- bond paper for BSNL) > Get it signed by the Authorized Signatory of your organization > Send a soft copy or courier the signed agreement to –
Plot 770, Road No. 44, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, TS – 500033
- If you’re unable to get the agreement printed on a bond paper due to the lockdown. there’s a provision to submit a temporary agreement in the VILPOWER DLT platform. Please reach out to our sales team for more information.
- In addition to the service agreement, an authorized signatory document is needed. You can choose to share any one from the list below and share the same via soft copy or courier the hard copy.
- GST Document which includes the name of Authorizing Signatory
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs Document
- Board Resolution mentioning the name of Authorizing Signatory signing LOA on letter head
Post registration, please email your Unique Entity ID along with a screenshot of your DLT account displaying the approved headers to email@example.com.
Step 4 – Register Content Templates
(not yet live)
For VILPOWER/BSNL DLT Platforms: View the VILPOWER/BSNL DLT Template registration guide
- Select Template > Content Template > Add
- Choose Template type of communication – Promotional / Transactional / Service Implicit / Service Explicit. Know more here.
- Select a Category from the drop-down list (Only for Promotional/Service Explicit Category)
- Search and select all Headers that you would want to use with this template
- Select Consent Template from the drop-down list (Optional)
- Add a Template Name and select the template message type – Text/Unicode
- Add the template content in the ‘template content’ text box and click Save
For Videocon DLT Platform: View the Videocon DLT Template registration guide
- Select Template > Add New Template
- Add a Template Name
- Choose Communication type as SMS
- Choose Content Type– Promotional / Transactional / Service Implicit / Service Explicit. Know more here.
- Select Consent Template ID from the drop-down list (Optional)
- Select a Content Category from the drop-down list (Only for Promotional/Service Explicit Category)
- Add the template content in the ‘template content’ text box > Get and enter OTP > Click Submit
For Jio DLT Platform: View the Jio DLT Template registration guide
- Select Template > Content Template Registration
- Choose the Template type of communication – Promotional / Transactional / Service Inferred / Service Explicit. Know more here
- Choose template type as SMS
- Select a Category from the drop-down list (Only for Promotional and Service Explicit type)
- Select Consent ID from the drop-down list (Optional)
- Search and select all Headers that you would want to use with this template
- Add the template content in the ‘template content’ text box and click Submit
- For your transactional templates select the ‘Service Implicit / Service Inferred’ category. ‘Transactional’ category templates are reserved for bank OTPs only.
- You can select multiple headers for a template. Ensure all headers that are required for the template are selected during the creation of the content template.