We have been experiencing an unprecedented disruption in the SMS industry due to mandatory entity registration on DLT portals. Due to the unusually high support calls and emails, some of your queries might have gone unanswered even as our teams worked incredibly long hours. If you’ve been trying to reach us and couldn’t get through, we sincerely apologize.
Please note – We’re currently experiencing high call volume due to DLT. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll respond as soon as we can.
DLT Registration Process (Step-by-step with guides)
Step 1 – Get Unique Entity ID
Register on any of the DLT platforms below by filling in the required information and documents and get a temporary ID. After the verification of your documents by the Operator, you will receive your unique Entity ID.
- Videocon DLT (https://smartping.live/entity/register-with) – Free Registration, leave the payment details blank. View Videocon registration text guide. Also, view video explaining the end-to-end registration process.
- Vodafone Idea Ltd DLT (https://www.vilpower.in/) – View VILPOWER registration guide.
- BSNL DLT (https://www.ucc-bsnl.co.in/) – View BSNL registration guide.
- Jio DLT (https://trueconnect.jio.com)
- According to customer feedback so far, Videocon seems to have an easier registration process.
- Please share your reference number/temporary ID/Unique ID and registered entity name with us if you have registered on any of the DLT platforms.
For Videocon DLT Platform Only
You can check the approval status by following this process: Open https://smartping.live/entity/form-resubmit > Click on Login/Sign Up > Click on As Entity and Select Next > Click on ‘To Check Your Application Status Click Here’ > Enter Entity Reference ID/PAN Number and Select Verify > Insert OTP received on Mobile and Click Submit > Pending Status > Get Token and Verify.
Step 2 – Register Headers & Add Telemarketer
Once you get your Unique Entity ID, add Telemarketer ID and register your headers in the DLT platforms.
2.1 To Add Headers –
After the registration is complete, you can start adding your headers (Sender ID) under the Headers tab in the dashboard. View the header registration process. Once your headers are approved, please email your Unique Entity ID along with a screenshot of your DLT account displaying the approved headers to email@example.com.
There are 2 types of Headers to choose from – Promotional & Others
- Others (for campaigns transactional in nature like updates, notifications etc.):
Add the Headers (sender names) approved for your organization in Textlocal in the text box > Justify the headers by mentioning the reason for choosing the header in the description box below or attaching a document > Submit
- Promotional (for campaigns promotional in nature like offers, discounts, etc.):
Add preferred 6-digit numeric sender ID in the ‘Find your Header’ text box > Select your category/industry type from the drop-down > Justify the headers by mentioning the reason for choosing the header in the description box below or attaching a document > Submit
- According to new regulations, all commercial SMS traffic, including promotional SMS, needs to be routed only from your DLT-registered headers. While your promotional SMS continues to be sent for now via a common 6-digit header, we strongly urge you to register both promotional headers and transactional (‘Other’) headers, and avoid disruptions when the next phase of DLT implementation goes live (can happen anytime).
- Headers (Sender names) are case-sensitive i.e. ABCDEF and abcdef are two different sender names and can be registered separately.
- Applicable only for Header type ‘Others’: The Header selected by you should match the entity name. If the header name is different,
- For Videocon: Please attach a document/image showing the website link, trademark certificate or any other document/image proving the relation between your entity name and your requested header.
- For VIL/BSNL: Please mention the website link, trademark certificate or any other reference proving the relation between your entity name and your requested header. Also, mention your mobile number in the description to facilitate a call back by the DLT support team for any clarifications. see this text guide for more details.
2.2 To Add Telemarketer –
- In the VILPOWER DLT & BSNL DLT platforms – Select Telemarketer from the dashboard > Click on Add > Type “IMI Mobile” or “IMI Mobile Pvt. Ltd.” In the “Select your Telemarketer” text box > Wait for the drop-down to appear > Select IMI Mobile Pvt. Ltd. from the drop-down > Add ”110200001293” in the Enter your Telemarketer ID textbox > Click Add.
- In the Videocon DLT platform – Select ‘Telemarketer Request’ (side nav)> Enter the telemarketer ID “110200001293” > Click view details > Tick the check box “I hereby authorize IMI MOBILE PVT. LTD. for on-boarding with us on VMIPL DLT Panel as our Telemarketer partner. ” > Click Submit request.
Step 3 – Additional Steps for BSNL DLT & VILPOWER DLT Only
After adding TM ID and registering headers in the VILPOWER DLT & BSNL DLT platforms, please reach out to our sales team with your Unique ID to get the service agreement copy.
- Get the Agreement copy from our sales team > Fill the agreement > Print on bond paper (100/- bond paper for VILPOWER or 50/- bond paper for BSNL) > Get it signed by the Authorized Signatory of your organization > Send a soft copy or courier the signed agreement to –
Plot 770, Road No. 44, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, TS – 500033
- If you’re unable to get the agreement printed on a bond paper due to the lockdown. there’s a provision to submit a temporary agreement in the VILPOWER DLT platform. Please reach out to our sales team for more information.
- In addition to the service agreement, an authorized signatory document is needed. You can choose to share any one from the list below and share the same via soft copy or courier the hard copy.
- GST Document which includes the name of Authorizing Signatory
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs Document
- Board Resolution mentioning the name of Authorizing Signatory signing LOA on letter head
If you have any further questions about the process, please view our FAQ section on DLT Registration.
Post registration, please email your Unique Entity ID along with a screenshot of your DLT account displaying the approved headers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video Explainer: Entity Registration Process on Videocon DLT Platform
DLT Registration & Textlocal – Where and how can we help?
- Mandatory new regulations: Please note that the new TRAI regulations have been enforced by the telecom operators and there is nothing Textlocal can do to push back the implementation. Without the necessary sender names (headers) approvals at any one of the DLT portals, your SMS will be blocked by telecom operators.
- All your promotional SMS continues to be sent via a common 6-digit header for now. However, according to new regulations, all commercial SMS traffic, including promotional SMS, needs to be routed only from your DLT-registered headers. We strongly urge you to register both promotional headers and transactional (‘Other’) headers, and avoid disruptions when the next phase of DLT implementation goes live (can happen anytime).
- There maybe certain vendors allowing transactional traffic under common headers but this is against TRAI regulations (not to mention the inferior customer experience). We recommend getting your own sender names/headers by registering on DLT portals!
- Approvals stuck at DLT portals: The DLT portals are maintained and supported by respective telecom operators. Textlocal staff has neither visibility nor control on why and where the entity (PE) registrations are stuck. The respective DLT portals will directly communicate with you over email regarding approval status, any missing documentation etc. Please check your emails and provide additional docs as needed.
- We have limited “read” access to your basic details only after your KYC verification is done and after you select IMI Mobile Pvt Ltd. as the Telemarketer.
- Process changes: We have detailed our understanding of the registration processes and provided a step-by-step guide on how to register and get headers approved on 3 portals (Videocon, VIL, BSNL) in this webpage. However, we observed the processes may go through small changes – we will keep the information updated on this page. Once again, SMS providers and aggregators (such as Textlocal) have no control over these changes.
- Registration fees: The fees imposed by different DLT portals is also outside our control. We are only providing you with the available options (where the processes are clear to us) and encouraging those who can to register on multiple portals for speedy approvals.
- Approval timelines: Due to heavy rush at the operator portals, we have been informed that the approval queues are constantly increasing, implying increasing approval timelines and SLAs.
- Prior communication: We’ve sent multiple email and SMS comms regarding DLT registration to your Textlocal-registered email address and phone numbers. While we understand some of you might’ve missed the comms as the registered email/phone number may no longer be working/active with your business, we urge you to register as soon as possible to ensure your SMS can be sent without any disruptions.
- Credit refunds: Please be assured that all the SMS credit deductions related to your blocked SMS traffic will be refunded to your account. We would like to take up the refunds at the end of this month as we need to prioritize assisting all our customers with DLT registrations for now.
Try us. You will love the Textlocal experience.
Best-in-class SMS Delivery
Get unmatched delivery rates and speeds with our direct telecom operator connectivity and intelligent bulk SMS gateway.
10 free credits on activating your account. No credit card required.