We would like to thank you for being a part of Textlocal family, and we are very grateful for your continued patronage.
This email is to inform you about the changes to TRAI regulations, specifically pertaining to TCCCPR 2018. According to the new regulations, all entities that want to send SMS will be required to register their organization, headers & templates along with the required consent information on the DLT platforms. To know more about the regulations, please click here.
To ensure compliance with the new regulations and continuity of services, please register on https://www.vilpower.in/ (Vodafone Idea Ltd DLT URL).
For ease of understanding, we have summarized the key details of the new regulations below:
- The regulations intend to eliminate spam and fraud which have been a concern for many years.
- Every entity that intends to send communication through messaging and voice gateway needs to register on the DLT platforms.
- The regulation has mandated the use of Blockchain technology also known as Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) to implement the solution.
- Telemarketers and end-users need to register on the DLT platforms separately.
In line with regulatory guidelines, your business will be referred to as Principal Entity and will be responsible for the following:
- Register with Operator’s DLT platform by submitting business documents.
- Select a Registered Telemarketer (RTM) and permit them to perform functions on your behalf.
- Acquire consent from consumers (mobile subscribers) through SMS, Web or Mobile App and upload them on DLT platform.
- Register all headers and templates on the platform.
- Use the selected RTM to send communication (SMS and Voice)
For registering on the DLT platform, please follow the below steps:
- Visit the DLT platform and select to sign up as an ‘Enterprise’.
- Provide valid business PAN, details of authorised person (mobile no. and email ID), business proofs and upload the documents.
- Submit a letter of authorization (LoA) mentioning the TM ID of telemarketer and details of authorized person.
- Search for “IMI Mobile Pvt Ltd.” and add IMI mobile’s TM ID: 110200001293 on the ‘Select your Telemarketer’ form to allow IMImobile to send communications on your behalf and then pay the registration fee.
- Post submitting, entity registrar will validate and verify details provided by Principal Entity within 72 working hours.
- On successful registration, the entity registrar will approve, register and activate the Entity ID on DLT.
- The registrar function will inform successful renewal or any discrepancy, i.e. missing document or incorrect details with the applicant on the registered e-mail and mobile number in the defined TAT 72 hours.
- Post Entity ID activation, each Principal Entity can login to the platform and carry out its functions as per business requirement.
- In case the Principal Entity fails to submit requested documents or address queries raised by Registrar within 15 working days, the account will be deleted. In such a scenario, Principal Entity will have to create a new account and start from the beginning.
- Every legal entity needs to be registered separately on the platform as a different Principal Entity based on its line of business.
Note – Please refer to https://vilpower.in/faq for any further questions. For any assistance during registration, please reach out the Vodafone Idea DLT support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or +91-9619500900.
Once Principal Entity registration is done, the below steps have to be followed to start sending SMS:
Header (Sender ID) registration
- Messages are classified into promotional, transactional, service explicit and service implicit. Entities need to register all their headers on the platform.
- Every header gets a unique Header ID that is shared across other DLT platforms seamlessly.
Content Template Registration
- Entities are required to register all their templates on the DLT system.
- Once a template is created, the entity retains the template ownership across all platforms.
- Every template gets a unique Template ID that is shared across other DLT platforms seamlessly.
- Entity registration fee – Rs.5,000 excl. taxes
- For Header and Content template – Not notified yet.
The team is very much supportive and managed all our projects effectively. They were very responsive and worked fast to touch our target. We hope that you will continue to favour us with your extended support.
Their API service works perfectly. Their customer support picks up the phone and responds to our queries within less than 5 minutes *every single time* and the user interface of the product is simple and once again, just works.
Our experience with Textlocal's E-mail to SMS Gateway service has been very positive - all the way from evaluating the service (received very nice technical sales support to address our key requirements) to adoption (very simple & quick processes + very responsive team that helped us get started quickly) & usage- the service itself has been very reliable so far!!
Easy to use and the SMS campaigns are done swiftly. Batch Scheduling on a specific time has been functioning superbly. Tracking of messages provide a great support to us in analyzing the outcomes.Overall a great experience !
Try us. You will love the Textlocal experience.
Best-in-class SMS Delivery
Get unmatched delivery rates and speeds with our direct telecom operator connectivity and intelligent bulk SMS gateway.
10 free credits on activating your account. No credit card required.